By VIEW26 | May 11, 2017
Testing in an agile software development environment is an essential part of delivering requirements that provide a good experience for the end user while maintaining velocity.By integrating QA tracking, testing and analysis into each iteration to phase of the agile software development process, teams can move faster, identify blockers with more accuracy,and release updates more efficiently and effectively.
While JIRA wasn’t designed to serve as a Test Case Management,it can be configured to support test case management in a couple of different ways. Read More..
Whether you’re tracking the progress of a new feature or testing the user experience across multiple operating systems, there are many options for testing tools for JIRA that meet the unique testing requirements for each team.
Option A - Use external Test Management Tools
Popular Tools include TestRail,HP-ALM,TFS,QTest etc.Such tools offer better customization thought it might be quite complex to begin with.Some of tools provide direct integration to JIRA via add-on available in Atlassian Marketplace.
Option B - Use Atlassian Marketplace add-on for Test Management
Popular add-ons include Zephyr for JIRA , Xray,Test Management for JIRA (kanoah)
Some use cases for test management tools for JIRA include the ability to:
- Link requirements directly to JIRA issues
- Manage testing from end-to-end by tracking requirements and testing cycles
- Track critical bugs and manage tests from one single interface
- Build test execution cycles and reuse repeatable test suites
- Automate JIRA tickets with bug reporting or service desk tools
- Conduct test management across all your mobile operating systems
VIEW26 for JIRA Test Reporting & Insights
Insights & Reporting for Software Testing on JIRA Cloud is a powerful plug-in which provides strong integration of VIEW26 into the JIRA ecosystem.
Use cases for VIEW26
- Import data from external testing & CI tools - HP ALM, JIRA Software,Zephyr, TestRail,Excel,Jenkins etc
- Consolidate & perform analytics across multiple test tools in a single VIEW26 Dashboard.
- Fast track to insights with predefined charts & KPIs
- Create custom Charts with drag and drop interface.
- Share your report to any user with a single click.
- Analyse Charts using drill down tools.
- Perform Traceability analysis & easily perform coverage analysis.
- Save time with report templates and one click reporting
- Embed Charts & Dashboards in Confluence page.
- And many more…
Whether you’re doing manual or automated testing, or a mix of both, it’s important to have a consolidated overview of the status of your requirements and the progress of your testing.
With Plug n play software testing tools, instant charts & KPI’s and one-click sharing of reports, VIEW26 offers capabilities that extend your QA analytics toolkit in ways that bring instant insights and reporting.